Saturday, June 14, 2008

Oh Religion... You're So Silly!

What happens when you combine the minds of Larry Charles (Director of Borat) and Bill Maher (original political comedian) and then mix the combination together with a little religious satire? No, you don't get the next Pope... or Pope on Ice (though I think I have a good idea going there). Anyway, what you DO get is what could arguably be one of the funniest, and most protested, documentaries of the year: Religulous

That's right folks, Michael Moore step aside, there's a new man America will hate and his name is Bill Maher. Actually, most people have already sorta made up their minds about him already, but I'm sure this will only fuel their respective fires. Personally, I think the guy is a more serious version of Jon Stewert and while I won't say I agree with him on everything, I'm glad he isn't afraid to say what he believes.

Anyway, the trailer for this sure to be outrageous (and outraging) documentary looks inspiring and I'll be shocked if it doesn't live up to the hype.

No comments: