Sterling Award for Best US Feature - Our School, directed by Mona Nicoara and Miruna Coco-Cozma.
- Special Jury Mention - The Bully Project, directed by Lee Hirsch.
- Special Jury Mention - When The Drum Is Beating ,directed by Whitney Dow.
Sterling Award for Best World Feature - Family Instinct, directed by Andris Gauja.
- Special Jury Mention - Position Among The Stars, directed by Leonard Retel Helmrich.
Sterling Award for Best Short Film - Guanape Sur, directed by János Richter
- Special Jury Mention - Still Here, directed by Alex Camilleri.
Cinematic Vision Award - Life In A Day, directed by Kevin MacDonald.
WGA Documentary Screenplay Award - The Loving Story, written by Nancy Buirski and Susie Ruth Powell.
Audience Award for Best Feature - Donor Unknown, directed by Jerry Rothwell.
Audience Award for Best Short Film - Mr. Happy Man, directed by Matt Morris.
The festival juries consisted of:
- Sterling US Feature Jury: Claire Aguilar, Programming VP, Independent Television Service; Chico Colvard, Filmmaker (Family Affair); Shannon Kelley, Head of Public Programs for the UCLA Film and Television Archive.
- Sterling World Feature Jury: Sean Farnel, former Programming Director, Hot Docs; Eugene Hernandez, Director of Digital Strategy, Film Society of Lincoln Center; Karina Longworth, Editor, LA Weekly.
- Sterling Short Film Jury: Sadie Tillery, Programming Director, Full Frame; Eva Weber, Filmmaker (Steel Homes); José Rodriquez, Program Associate, Tribeca Film Institute.