Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm Gonzo for Gonzo Beans!

"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "

God Bless Hunter S. Thompson! A man so bizarre you always wanted to meet him, but never befriend him. And finally, after years of denial by Hollywood, there appears to be a film worthy enough to represent the man's life. The upcoming film is, appropriately titled, Gonzo. Oscar-award winning director Alex Gibney develops (what appears to be) a wildly entertaining look into the life of of Thompson himself.

I must say too, if there is one director I want to handle a documentary on Hunter S. Thompson, I'm definitely going to select Gibney. He's got the right style for this type of film and I can't wait to see the final product this July. If the film is anything remotely close to the quality of the trailer, then I'm sold a dozen times over. Check it out for yourself and then prepare yourself by watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas over and over and over again.



Seriously... check out the quotes from Fear and Loathing. Just brilliant writing.

No comments: