Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trailer: 180° South: Conquerors of the Useless

Ever seen a trailer for a film and simultaneously wonder what the heck is going on and be fully convinced you had to see it no matter what? Admit it, you can't forget the first time you saw the Matrix trailer: when you had no clue what it was about, but just knew you had to see it.

Well Chris Malloy 's upcoming documentary 180° South: Conquerors of the Useless sorta fits that bill. No, Keanu Reeves doesn't make an appearance flashing kung fu moves (I don't think), but this is certainly a film I'm not entirely sure I can explain, I just know I want to see it.

Here's what I can tell you about Malloy 's documentary: it follows Yvon Chouinard, Doug Tompkins, Jeff Johnson and their motley crew as they journey to Patagonia. The group is chock full of hippie adventurists and looks like a South American rendition of Into the Wild... only with a more positive ending.

So if you're one of those men or women who secretly desire to run off into the woods and just live off the land, I suggest heading over to http://www.180south.com/ and learn about this film and the cast of characters involved.

No comments: