Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm a Mess of a Success

If you're like me and people are constantly coming up to you and exclaiming, "you're a mess!" My advice to you is to rebuttal with "... of success!" Seriously, anytime they say it (even if they say it 500 times) just add "of success" immediately afterward and they'll eventually get tired and move on. If, by some odd chance they actually ask you to 'prove your success' use this example: director Josh Freed.

Freed is like every other messy human being in the world, only, he embraces the fact. Actually he seems to relish it. Oh sure, most of us claim we don't care, but some of us wish we could change. Not Freed, whose now made a documentary on his "mess". Titled My Messy Life, the film already aired on CTV and hopefully will be seen on other outlets as well.

Miro Certnetig of the Vancouver Sun probably summarizes the documentary best: "My Messy Life is a bit of a bio film, a sort of one-man catharsis of the trials and tribulations of Homo disordinadus in a world that makes neatness a virtue."

That sounds delightful to me... and my pile of dirty undies.

No comments: