Earlier this week, Sundance Film Festival announced its Jury members for their upcoming festival. Now Sundance covers every genre but we only really care about the documentaries, so if you want to read about the other Jury members, head on over to www.sundance.org/festival.
U.S. DOCUMENTARY JURY
- Jeffrey Blitz directed the documentary Spellbound, Lucky and multiple episodes of NBC's "The Office."
- Matt Groening created the longest-running comedy in television history…The Simpsons.
- Laura Poitras is working on a trilogy of films about America post 9/11. The first two films, My Country, My Country and The Oath, have already received numerous awards.
- Jess Search is the Chief Executive of the Channel 4 BRITDOC Foundation which has given funding and support to over 60 British documentaries.
- Editor Sloane Klevin won an Emmy for her work on the feature documentary Taxi to the Dark Side. Her latest project is Freakonomics, for which she edited segments for Alex Gibney, Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady.
WORLD DOCUMENTARY JURY
- José Padilha, is a Brazilian producer, writer and director. He directed and produced the documentaries BUS 174, Garapa and Secrets of the Tribe, as well as the feature film Elite Squad.
- Mette Hoffmann Meyer is head of documentaries and co-productions for Danish DR TV.
- Lucy Walker has directed four award-winning feature documentaries: Devil's Playground, Blindsight, Countdown to Zero, and Wasteland.
So what do you think of the Jury line up? Personally, I'm a fan of most of the choices, though I'm curious to see how Groening fits in with the rest of the members. What are your thoughts?