Thursday, September 24, 2009

Walt & El Grupo Trailer

What an awesome title.  Seriously.  Bravo.  Yes, I know if you read the summary the title basically writes itself, but be honest: how many of you found your interest piqued just by reading Walt & El Grupo?  Alas, it is not a buddy-cop movie in the vein of Turner and Hooch, but then again, I'm a firm believer in true stories out shining fictional ones.

But I digress... the film follows Walt Disney and a group of hand selected artists as they travel around South America on a good will tour for the United States way back in 1941.  It's a story I've never heard, though it does put a little perspective  on why those who don't see the U.S. in a favorable light generally use images of Mickey Mouse in their protests.  Either way, as long as Disney company avoided white-washing this documentary I believe it could actually be a quirky little film (and that's a good thing).

Don't believe me? Well check out the trailer for Walt & El Grupo over at Apple.  It's already out in theaters in very select cities, but keep an eye out for it as it spreads around the country in the coming weeks.

No comments: