Sunday, June 14, 2009

Heavy metal and vineyards

So I'm browsing MTV's website to see if I can find any pop culture references to make me sound cooler than I am when I uncovered a gem of documentary news. It seems there's a trailer for a soon to be released movie on Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan's Arizona wine business. Now for those who may not know, there are two things that make no sense in that one sentence. The first, Arizona is a desert... how does wine grow in the desert?!?! The second, Maynard is the lead singer for Tool, a band known for scaring people with their dark music and lyrics... how does a guy like that get into the wine business?!?!

Brain aneurysms aside (and believe me, you think too long about those questions and you'll get one), the trailer for this documentary looks really polished. Now granted, Blood Into Wine: The Arizona Stronghold may be nothing more than Maynard drinking wine and looking sadistically calm, but I highly doubt it. Besides, I have to admit, even at his darkest, the guy is a genius.

Don't believe me? Head over to MTV.com to check out the trailer for Blood Into Wine... and if you know where a non-Arizonian can buy his wine, let me know.

No comments: