Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trailer: An Inconvenient Tax

So April 15th is near and as an American I'm struggling through my taxes to make sure I don't, you know, get thrown in jail for tax evasion. While taking a break I found a trailer for the upcoming documentary An Inconvenient Tax.

Now, I know what you're thinking, the Flat Tax people are at it again. But political documentaries are a chance for groups to argue their beliefs and as long as they do it coherently and (because I'm a child) entertainingly, I'm all for it. Plus, how often do you get to see both Noam Chomsky and Neal Boortz agree on something?

Admittedly, a film about the tax code sounds quite boring so it'll be interesting to see how director Christopher Marshall can pull it off. Then again, Marshall's previous documentary explored the phenomenon of PEZ collecting, so I'm gonna give him a shot. Plus, in a move of sheer marketing genius, An Inconvenient Tax will premier nationwide on April 15th- the day taxes are due (Note: I actually chuckled when I saw this).

Head on over to http://aninconvenienttax.com to see a trailer and learn more about the film. And don't be afraid to post your comments about the upcoming film below!

No comments: