Monday, June 29, 2009

Trailer: Act of God

I've never been struck by lightning so the thought of thousands of volts of electricity running through my body isn't exactly something I'm able to comprehend. But, such limitations didn't stop Jennifer Baichwal (Manufacturing Landscapes) from wanting to capture the singular experience endured by those who have been. More impressively, her documentary, Act of God, goes well beyond the simple recounting of people's stories and seems to enter the metaphysical aspects.

As the fi'm's summary puts it: "The film explores seven stories from around the world that raise and respond to these questions, while keeping the sky and what comes out of it as a central visual metaphor and thread." That sounds wholly fascinating and suddenly I find myself eagerly awaiting it's October release date. If you're interested, head on over to Apple to check out the trailer.

No comments: